Welcome to the web site for the Urbana City School District.
The Urbana City School District is continuing to implement the work done by school community
visioning team as they looked at the future direction of our District as we planned for our new
schools. This team identified the following guiding principles:
1. Flexibility - in facilities, thinking, scheduling, & curriculum
2. Communication, leadership, and professional development to continue the shift towards
research-based, innovative, and student-centered learning practices that are active and
3. Preparing our students for the 21st Century rapid changes, global competition, and
virtually unlimited access to information
4. Continuing to build and strengthen relationships with students, families, & the
5. Create life-long learners of both the students and the adults in the school
Also identified were the most effective learning modalities for the ways students learn:
- Project-based, Small-group work with Student collaboration,
- Interdisciplinary learning, and
- future internships are the ways we need to work with our students in the future.
Thank you for your interest in our district. Take some time to learn more about our district by
using the links provided on our web site. Please make use of the available district calendar and
plan to join us for some of our many public activities.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments about the Urbana City
School District. Go Hillclimbers!